Service Autopilot

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BLC1, Sep 25, 2012.

1. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Love/hate relationship for me. I'm calling on monday and demanding a discount or I'm looking elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, they are the best out there as far as I'm concerned, but for the price I'm paying, there a too many small bugs that are taking forever to get fixed. They are headed in a great direction, but I simply don't have time to be messing around with all these small problems - it's becoming a headache. Their videos are nice, but it is a very involved system and takes a long time to learn!

Glad to answer any questions....you can call me if you want.

Jason

2. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

Why do you want to move away from Clip?

3. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Thinking about dropping SA myself, good for larger operations but too complex for my small operation, waited for the big update but...Jobber is a lot more user friendly and efficient IMO. To me simple=effeicient=$$$$$$ saved.

4. krzys555

krzys555 LawnSite Member

i am as well thinking of switching.

i am looking for something that is good but i can charge credit cards automatically every week. we made the switch this year and it was amazing in terms of cash flow.

we want to switch because of the lack of marketing.
    however the one thing that has us with SAP is there credit card integration. as well as a online portal for customers

the only one i found was real green and there pricing was outrages. about 8k for up to 250 customers, and about 200 a month in fees

Zawadzki Landscaping
    www.ZawadzkiLandscaping.com

5. seabee24

seabee24 LawnSite Senior Member

I have to say the same thing, I'm going to begin looking into other software. I've been using sap for 3 years. But frankly, this new big update was IMO a flop. New look and feel - sure. But who cares. All I see is new problems and bugs. Almost every day I find a new bug and report it. I haven't seen any fixed yet. Biggest problem is with the time clock. It's a joke. I can't believe that they claim this thing was beta tested. There's problems with creating new estimate templates...guess what, it's bidding season-

They should have canceled the update, and tried it out for 6 months with his own company.

Can anyone tell me , from the client screen, how do I change/assign a new day or crew for a job. I can't figure it out.

6. seabee24

seabee24 LawnSite Senior Member

Good luck. I called 3 times Thursday and 3 times Friday - got voice mail. Doesn't Jonathan have a video that says something like "customers hate voice mail.........we have an answering service" ???

7. Jobber

Jobber Sponsor

Hi,
    Obviously, I work with Jobber and therefore have a biased opinion. I'd just like to chime in and say that I think Chad from Clark Unlimited summed it up best with his post above. We are a more affordable option focused on building flexible, robust software that is EASY to USE!

We are indeed a sponsor here on LawnSite, and yes we do offer a free 30 day no commitment, no billing information required trial.

Check us out at the info below. Thanks!

Jeff

8. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

@ Jobber do you have a thread singing praises. I should search cause I am looking

9. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Sam is a really good guy to deal with...very quick to respond to customer questions and knows his product....that's why I am going with Jobber in 2013 and beyond!

10. krzys555

krzys555 LawnSite Member

The only problem i have is billing. I charge credit cards weekly and use a merchant account. Otherwise i would try it. To many problems with paypal freezing acounts
    Posted via Mobile Device