1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Service call letters...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by biggin69, Mar 1, 2007.

1. biggin69

biggin69 LawnSite Member

Does anyone leave a service call letter or anything when they mow a reidential account? If so, could I see some examples?
  2. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

If you go to Staples or Office Depot they have them available in the preprinted forms section. They are about $5 -8 for a couple of hundred.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

My old boss tried these one season, and they seemed to create more problems not alleviate them. Customers got used to getting them, and if one blew away or the crew leader forgot to put it on the door, often certain customers would deny we were ever there...I mean even in April and May when it's pretty obvious whether or not we were there.

I very very rarely have a customer dispute a mowing, so I see no reason for them myself.
  4. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

The service call slip actually serves two purposes. The first is to cover yourself and be able to demonstrate that you were at the home and performed a service. If people are forgetting to leave the slip or it is blowing away you need to fix the problem. Make sure people leave the slip and secure it so the homeowner is able to receive it. Secondly, it is an opportunity for you to communicate with your customer. Leave them advice about something that they should attend to. In many cases they will ask you how much you would charge to do the work and now you've made a sale.