Service call software

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by bcg, Jan 31, 2009.

1. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

Other than ESC (which looks good but is cost prohibitive right now), what are you guys using for managing your service calls? I'm looking for something that will handle inventory, dispatching, service agreements and invoicing. I have a credit card merchant account already so ideally, I'd also like a company that would be willing to add a module to work with my API provider instead of forcing me to setup another merchant account to use the card processing within the app.

Thanks.

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

How good are your computer skills?

3. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

I used to be in IT. I managed desktop OS rollouts for Exxon and Baker Oil Tools and was the IT director for a tax consulting frim for a few years. At one point, I was an MCSE, MCP+I, CCNA and only lacked 1 test for both the CCNP and the SCSA on Solaris 7. I'm not a programmer, but OS, Server, SQL, Exchange, etc. I know pretty well. I hate doing the work though, so while I don't mind taking the time to set something up, I don't want something I'm going to be constantly fiddling with.

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Then check out dotproject. Knowledge of PHP would help if you want to write custom code.

http://www.dotproject.net/

There are others as well.

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

I didnt understand a word you just said...

Service CEO. Dont have it yet, but have talked with the guy at 2 shows, years apart, and am impressed with the software.

http://www.insightdirect.com/

6. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

I was once a LJE, but my OCD and ADHD led to an SOS that caused me to MOVE to FLA where I got my DL through a DTP and pretty quickly got a JOB with an LA that gave me enough knowledge to get my QBL and SPL, so I started an S-CORP with W-9's, 1099's, and 941's and started to rake in the DOREMI.

Huh?

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Dude .... IT talk .... where is Dirty Water when you need him. :cry:

8. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

I wanted to do it, but not the energy yet today.

I like it.

9. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

We use ESC. We are about to make the move to setting it to server based because we're needing more people to run things that just office mgr.

We are super pleased with it. Each tech has a cell phone with a windows OS and ESC dispatches all service calls via the phone. We can write invoices on phone, and send to blue tooth printer and print invoice in each truck. This also helps keep track of inventory. Eliminates double-triple handling of information, which saves alot of office time.

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Bah, noobs :rolleyes: