1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Service calls can be rewarding!

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by klkanders, Jul 27, 2008.

1. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I arrived ahead of schedule at a home I was going to look at for some possible service. No one was home so I was walking around looking at the landscaping and lights in front of the home. I noticed the neighbor had some Coppermoon lighting and he was outside messing with his garbage can so I walked over and commented on his lights and asked who installed them. Turns out the installer isn't around anymore and he asked if I could look at a light that was broken. I ended up having that particular bullet in stock, replaced it, and also will be doing a few more things for him.
    Oh I also got the service job next door (discovered rodents chewed on 13' of 10/2 wire under a deck!) and completed it ahead of schedule. She was also happy how clean I left everything after tearing things up. Next I have to replace a few bullets for her as well.
    A couple new clients side by side! I love it!

Keith

2. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

great job Keith. I've always felt that great service work leads to install jobs and signifigant add-ons. Quick service work can be a giveaway ( you charge 65, but gas costs you 50 ), but the future revenues are there. parking your truck in the right neighborhood with graphics visable is also a big plug for the drive by's.

3. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

4. klkanders

from Midwest

Thanks David and Joey! :)

Keith

5. The Lighting Geek

The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member

Good job Keith! Great service like that will spread like a contaminated tomato! (errr...tasteless joke I know)
    Everything you do like this goes a long way in separating yourself from the competition.

6. klkanders

from Midwest

Thanks Tommy I agree! ......hold the tomatoes please........:)

Keith

7. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

your Signature is killing me Tommy!! LOL :laugh: