service contacts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tomoaktree, Feb 12, 2001.

1. tomoaktree

tomoaktree LawnSite Member
    from WNY

Hey guys and gals
    I've been doing business with a handshake in the past. Before I get burned , I would like to send out contracts in the beginning of the season. The services should include lawncare & Fert. Can anyone help me with this? Also , I'm just beginning the fert programs.

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I think you probably meant to add this to your last thread you started. To add more to it, click on Reply, not New Thread. This would of kept it together. Here what you added below.

Sorry for being so vague. Looking for a basic contract or form to use for lawncare. Does anyone have a copy of one to send or is there a place that makes them?

3. tomoaktree

from WNY

any help would be apreciated
  4. tomoaktree

from WNY

Please respond,I ned help with this. At least a point in the right direction.

Thanks, Tom
  5. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

When all else fails, do a "search" on contracts. It's in the upper right hand of the page. Just click on search and then enter " contracts" and perform search and start reading the threads. There should be some examples for you to view.
  6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

7. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I've been operating without contracts for 6 years now. We have 140 such year-round clients, none of whom are bound by a contract. I know it's not the norm but it's worked well for us. I always figure if we do a good job for a fair price, people will keep us on. Sure, there are a few each year who cancel and it bums be out. But only 3 or 4 per year. We have a pretty good retention rate, despite the fact that we don't make people sign contracts.

I also think contracts scare a lot of people off. I get a lot of people ask me if I am going to "make them" sign a contract. And every time I tell them that I don't I get a sigh of releif out of them.

Now I should also mention that I reinforce the fact that our service is a year-round "agreement". That is, they agree to keep paying us all year, based on our service plan, and not cancel us in the winter, as long as they are a client of ours. I tell people they are basically free to leave at any time if they move, can't afford us any more, or aren't happy with the service. Otherwise, I expect them to honor their end of the agreement. And the vast majority do.
  8. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I will send you a copy of mine if you want to e-mail me your address, I do everthing on my computer. bids, contracts, business cards, newsletters, service sheets, flyers, letterheads etc. I use Print Shop 6.0 and things like microsoft word. took a while to learn but then i dont have to buy bulk.
  9. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Email me and I will reply with a copy of mine.