Service Magic and Angie's List

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by IHA Services, Apr 6, 2012.

1. cotyledon

cotyledon LawnSite Senior Member

dude its a fact I advertised there for years. If your on the first page for free that's because there is not enough advertisers to fill a page up yet in your area. they will try to sell you soon takes a little while

2. cotyledon

cotyledon LawnSite Senior Member

100% true !

another weird thing that would happen ppl would call for work and thru conversation I knew they got my info from AL but would never admit it. strange

3. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

No they're all over me. I considered taking out a restraining order. They won't take no for an answer.

4. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

I see the area code and let it go to voicemail. Returning the call is just a waste of my time.

No joke, I'm on my sixth rep in two years. I like to pretend they each got fired for not landing that big "Oaknut" account.

:laugh:

5. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

I do the same thing. And I'm also on my 5th or 6th rep. They change twice a year it seems. One girl "who is no longer with us" they say (LOL), would call me and say there was an 'issue' or problem with my account as a front, ONLY to bait me into a sales conversation. I recorded her voicemail once and sent it to their customer service with a scathing note attached. :laugh:

Hope I didn't get her fired! oops

6. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Heh, my second, or third guy would leave a message - "Mr OakNut, this is Jimmy Salesman here at Angie's List and I need to discuss your account - it is imperative that you give me a call before end of business today."

You'd think someone's life was on the line. All he wanted was to try and talk me into buying advertising - that was it.

Oh, and they KNOW when you've looked at your info online.
    I was contacted several times after simply logging on to look around and maybe see if a new review had been posted. One of the reps even called and stated "I noticed you were browsing your profile yesterday and wanted to see if you had any questions." They probably track every movement you make as you browse your info. That really ticked me off a lot.