1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Service Magic

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by sclark, Feb 9, 2007.

1. sclark

sclark LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever used service magic before to generate more business? I recieved a phone call last week from a service magic rep. He claims they provide solid leads for high-end residential customers.
  2. cooksjr537

cooksjr537 LawnSite Member

I recently used those guys. Not very impressed. Got several leads contacted the people by phone some gave me wrong numbers and email addresses. The others my appointments to come give them an estimate and the day before going out there they cancelled. Once you sign up and pay the setup fee 99 they will send you leads on how much money you want to spend. 100 is the lowest you can go a week and they will send you 100 dollars worth of leads. Thats my opinion though!
  3. sclark

sclark LawnSite Member

I appreciate it. It sounded a litle too good to be true. Thanks for your honesty.

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used SERVICE MAGIC for the last two years. Have had the good and the bad. You will have poeple shopping but you have that no matter what. They have broought me alot of good leads too. I will continue to use them this coming season they gave around 20 new lawn contract last year. I have to compete with other LCO everyday SM helps weed out SOME of the customers (Shoppers) with their "exact match' option too.
    My .02 cents worth.
  5. Rcgm

Rcgm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

I used them I got about 20 leads cost we money and more money didn't get 1 job.Just seems like people want to shop and waste your time.

6. billsdepot

billsdepot LawnSite Member

I have used them occasionally over the years. It has been more bad than good. You have to be very careful. I personally would not sign up for the "EXACT MATCH" program. I have found when a member of this program you don't get your monies worth. Too many tire kickers in that program.
  7. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

They contacted me about two months ago about advertising with them. Now they won't stop calling, they call about twice a week . I think that they are a little desperate for work.
  8. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

They can provide you with good leads.