1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Service Magic?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnpro724, May 12, 2008.

1. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I just received a call from Service Magic about signing up with them. I'm not familiar with them. Does anyone do any business with them? They told me they send me leads for landscaping, mowing, hardscaping and so on but said there is a charge for each lead they send me even if I don't get the job so not sure if this would be a good idea. They also said if I sign up with them they will design a web page and host it for free and list everything with all search engines. I would like to hear from those of you who use their service. How many of the leads they sent you turned into actual jobs? Are the jobs you get from them profitable? Do you get enough work from them to pay their fee for all the leads?
  2. rachael24

rachael24 LawnSite Member

They told me the same thing...I was looking into them before opening my business. Im curious as to what other experts think of them. Thanks!
  3. Trenchblade

Trenchblade LawnSite Senior Member

I used them about 5 years ago before I sold my landscape company. It worked out great for me the old way they used to do it. When they first started it out you could pick an area and see all the leads, with all the job info except the address and contact info. That was great because you could get a good idea of the lead being good or bad from the job details and pick and choose the jobs as you like, and pay for the leads that you thought looked good. Now they have this exact match, where they basically want to send you the leads as per your specifications and you have no choice to accept or decline it. That may work for some people but I really liked being able to pick and choose the jobs myself. So, basically I think you can get some good jobs from there better, than an add or flyers. I just liked it better the old way, and not the Exact Match system.
  4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

anyone else use this company??
  5. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

service magic part of chemlawn and it's other parent companies