service magic

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by just pondering, Jul 8, 2009.

1. just pondering

just pondering LawnSite Member

I was thinking of joining service magic and I was wondering if any of you have used them, if so have you had good luck with them?

Jeff Michaels
    Pondering Waters, MI

2. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

Tried them several years ago. In 2 years time, i got 2 leads, one was 100 miles away and the other was 500 mile away and they expected me to pay the lead fee. Need I say more!!!!

3. Midstate Lawncare

Midstate Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

worthless except for the search engine ranking.
    6 months, 2 leads, both bogus, no refund...
    Now my profile is set to busy status (no leads accepted) and still #1 or 2 on website rankings.

4. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Run! Do not walk! Run!

5. gobbles2700

gobbles2700 LawnSite Member

I got a funny taste in my mouth when they contacted us. I thought about it but thats all I have to say.

6. Leon

Leon LawnSite Member

I've been using Service Magic for a few years. Yes, they are both good and bad at the same time! I have gotten several good jobs that saved my behind and at the same time there are a lot of potential customers that will not, refuse to, return calls or emails. Plus there are few leads that don't really exist. Those I've been able to get credit for.

All in all, it can be a worthwhile investment.

Leon

7. PI&L

PI&L LawnSite Member
    from SW Ohio

I have used it now for a few years and it does have some dopwn sides but all in all it has worked for me

8. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

1 out of 50 leads is a good one.
    for the money I have spend on them I'm pretty sure I can get a much better return.

9. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

Ive gotten two leads that led to over 3 grand jobs each, and gotten probably 12 leads that were a waste of time. I got credit for some, and the listing on the web search is worth it.

10. Bru75

Bru75 LawnSite Senior Member

Tried it, got two leads and could not get in touch with either one, phone or email.
    I don't want to tell you what to do, but for me it was a complete waste.