Service options that make U the most $$

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CS Lawns, Feb 22, 2002.

1. CS Lawns

CS Lawns LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

What additional service options do you guys offer that make you the most money?? :blob4:

2. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

Rock bed weed control.
    We charge around $50 - $60 per application. It takes about 15 min and $3.00 - $7 in product.

3. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Gutter cleaning is pretty easy $$$$$$. Especially if it's dry and you can get on the roof with a backpack blower.

LAWNS AND MOWER

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

1. Fertilizing
    2. Weed Control
    3. Core Aerating
    4. De-thatching/Power Raking
    5. Fall Clean-ups
    6. Mulching
    7. Hedge Trimming and Pruning
    8. Spring Clean-ups
    9. Flowerbed Maintenance

Pretty much in that order.

5. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i dont sugest any1 to go on a roof with a back pack blower unless you have a death wish.if you got to use a blower use a hand held blower and becarefull.

mowing
    flower bed maintenance/edgeing
    hedge cutting/hedge ripouts
    tree ,shrub,flower plantings
    seasonal color
    fert program
    mulch/stone
    seed/sod lawn renovation
    tree triming/spraying
    irrigation
    sping/fall cleanups
    aeration/ thatching
    rottotiling
    stump grinding
    instaling ponds /or landscapes
    gutter cleaning
    landscape lighting/or decorating
    parking lot maintenance
    brush removal/hauling
    snow removal
    powerwashing
    if you got the heart picking up smelly dog crap i dont suggest that either though

6. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy LawnSite Senior Member

i dont think there is much more i can add other than what has already been mentioned. however, i did notice the reply about backpack blowers and death wishes.

i have been cleaning gutters with backpack blowers for over ten years. it is no more dangerous than a constuction worker carrying 2 x4 or 2x6, or 2x8, or plywood onto an upper level of a house while being precariously blanced on a beam.

as long as you have a good sense of balance, and aren't afraid of heights, then it shouldnt pose a serious threat. sure their is a chance you might fall, but the element of danger is ever present in many industries.

I almost died(or at the very least would have had serious injuries) about 12 years ago running a bobcat 48 mower. there was no automatic shutoff on it, and i slipped on some crabapples. the mower got away from me, hit the crabapple tree and came right back at me while i was on the ground. i just rolled away from it in the nick of time. it was a very CLOSE call.

I also remember snowplowing one night on a road with one lane each way, and a garbage truck was making a right turn directly in front of me. well, i look in the rear view mirror, and a semi is going about 50 mph and no way will he be able to stop in time. with nowhere for me to go, i just sat there, and hoped i wouldnt be dead in 3 seconds. fortunately, no traffic was oncoming, and the semi went left of center, and passed.

I guess my point is we take a chance every time we leave the house. just be careful, observant, and constantly tell your loved ones that you do love them. because, you never know when your time is up.

kevin

7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

There was a thread on this subject last year and I the majority said the chemical applications yielded the highest profit.

MATT

8. CS Lawns

CS Lawns LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Thanks for the comments! I am wanting to add options to do when the weather is to bad to mow (drought, rain etc.) I do have some tree and shrub work lined up and have passed on gutter work but I think now I will take those jobs. Thanks all:D

9. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i would pass on the gutter work, to risky, some insurance plans dont cover it either i dont think. how about debris/trash removal, liike old dryers and washers etc?