service or maintenance

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kpetzold, Oct 17, 2007.

1. kpetzold

kpetzold LawnSite Member

hey all, i checked in the search area but had little luck. can anyone tell me what is better to use in your busi name , should i use lawnshark lawn service , or lawnshark lawn maintenance . honest oppinions please . thanks karl

2. jbannick18

jbannick18 LawnSite Senior Member

I would go with service as it entails a much broader range of services. Maintence to me sounds more like irrigation work.

3. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know if you care, but I think I recall a Lawn Shark Lawn Care being a member here a year or so ago. He even posted his logo if you want to do a search for it.

IMO service or maintenance is a moot point. They both flow well with Lawn Shark (I guess) and mean the same thing. You need something to do if you're self-debating about that....

4. vaulta

vaulta LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

I was wondering what you think of when you here my business name CKY Lawn Service. I have been in business for 3 months and have this name. What it sounds like to me (CKY) like (C)see my work,ok(K), and thats why. My friend did not get it and I had to explain it to him and he still did not get it. I am just worried that I am trippin and no one gets it when they see it, my friend just thought it was a meaningless three letters? Is that what you guys see?

5. oceanpotion

oceanpotion LawnSite Member

CKY? I dont see anything bro... what r u smoking?

6. verant

verant LawnSite Senior Member

i agree, that's funny right dere

7. sancho_man_orlando

sancho_man_orlando LawnSite Member

I see someone started drinking and baking a little early...

8. kpetzold

kpetzold LawnSite Member

thanks for the reply, is this person in texas , i just registered lawn shark lawn maintenance today, and the county clerk checked in the texas files and told me that it was available. maybe this other person is not registered .karl

9. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

I'm afraid that your worries have materialized. Don't worry, most customers are also smoking the same stuff.

Just don't forget to make a profit. :laugh:

:)

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know...when I hear it, for some reason I'm thinking they will view it as, See KY - meaning they're about to to get reamed! :eek: :dizzy: :laugh: