1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

service plans

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mr.Lawn, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Mr.Lawn

Mr.Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Hey folks, does anyone offer service packages?? Does anybody have any ideas and what would you put in the package???? Thanks Randy :usflag:
  2. dekalb lawn man

dekalb lawn man LawnSite Member

I offer a 1,2,3 plan. 1,2 plans are offered as a per trip or seasonal and 3 plan is offered only as a easonal

1. mow and trim property
    2. mow and trim property,maintain ornamental areas (weeds,edging, trim bushes, etc.)
    3. mow and trim property,maintain ornamental areas, dethach in spring, aerate and overseed in fall.
  3. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

i like that...how much do you charge for each one if you dont mind me asking.

and about how big are the properties that you do

4. dekalb lawn man

Most acounts are 1/4 to 1/3 acre and the price is around, plan 1 $25,plan 2 is also $25 with a once per month charge of $40 unless it is a one time deal then it is about $100 and and I charge around 200 to dethatch and 150 to aerate and overseed. All in all average seasonal contracts based on a 27 trip season are as follows,plan 1 $675 plan 2 $900 plan 3 $1250.
  5. Shawnhines

Shawnhines LawnSite Member

Hey that is a great idea, does anyone else have any that they would like to share... Some of us new guys need some ideas for the up coming season
  6. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

those are about the same size that i am doing...

those prices seem pretty fair...i hope you wouldnt mind if i used something like this in the future for my business would you?

EDIT: what are you using for the dethatching, aerating, and overseeding? i was thinking about gettin the stihl yardboss for the dethatching for now...i wont be able to do aerating and overseeding just yet due to lack of equipment
  7. dekalb lawn man

I don't mind at all it is just part of estimating. As far as equipment goes i dont have the money to buy a machine yet either so i rent from a local tool rental place that gives fair rates to small companies like mine. Basically a dethatcher would run about $85 for the day but since I scedule all my work in a 1 week span i rent it for 5 days and pay for three. The same goes for the aerater. That week i work some long days but it is worth it because the faster i get the yards done the less money i give to the rental place. For the overseeding just buy a walk behind speader ($30-$60depending on how big you want it) they work the best because you have more control than a tow behind.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

It's the only way i do business with people now, Full service only.
    Mow, hedge trimming, lawncare, leaves, mulch placement, -- cost of product is billed at time of service. Only thing I may talk about is irrigation service as some have a contract from their install company. (I do not install Irr.)
    Full year plan, lowest cost to customer was $240 a month. most were around $300 or so.

I have downsized a lot so do not do as much work outside of my own properties anymore, But the few I do and if anybody asks, it is the only way I will work. Allows you to manicure the full property to the highest level, keep it looking great, and you have total control.
    Cut a lawn that TGCL sprays steroids on and you will really hate not being able to control the growth.
    Also i can plan to trim hedges right before mulch placement