service schedule

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by grassmasterswilson, Nov 22, 2010.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

have a duramax diesel and currently change the oil and rotate the tires about every 6000 miles. I change the fuel filter every 12k or so. how accurate is the computer system that tells you when to change the oil/fuel filter?

what is your schedule for transmission and other fluid changes? This truck is mostly used for pulling my trailer, but is also my personal truck.

2. GunnPropertyServices

GunnPropertyServices LawnSite Senior Member

why not just go by the owners manual?

3. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't have a diesel, but my gas gets changed before recommended manuals intervals since it tows and plows. Diffs done every year, oil every 3k or before,fuel filter every 6 or 9k. I think you should change the filter a little more often on that Duramax, I know a dude that changes his every 4 or 5k.

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack LawnSite Senior Member

i got an 02 dmax , change my oil every 6k on oil and i do the fuel filter also , im running a pretty big aftermarket tune on it also ,it tends to run better the more often i change the fuel filter.....i was running for the last two years off road fuel and B99 so i was changing every oil change