servicemagic

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by PatriotLandscape, Feb 12, 2007.

1. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

Has anyone worked with this referal company before? what was the work you recieved through it? I have been getting calls from a salesperson claiming great things and I'm looking to check in on them.

2. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used them for 2 yrs now No complaints so far.

3. PatriotLandscape

from MA

how many referrals do you get from them?

4. yamadooski

yamadooski LawnSite Senior Member

I made the sad mistake of signing up with them on the web.
    Now I get calls everyday. They just cant take "no" for an answer.

5. HydroCutter

HydroCutter LawnSite Member

Same here, they do not stop calling me. It was every day, then every week, now it's every other month. I've used the service to find contractors, don't know how well it would do for me though.

6. PatriotLandscape

from MA

They are like vultures circling, they call me constantly and their tricks are starting to wear on me. at least if I sign up they will stop calling :D

7. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Before i sign up, can someone tell me why i shouldnt? Why do they call you all the time? Are they giving you leads on jobs or trying to sell you other stuff?

8. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Just be particular as to what you wish to take on. I have looked into them but have not committed to anything. I have heard people complaining about getting a lot of leads that were not what they were really looking for yet had to pay etc...............so just be specific. If it doesn't work, drop them.

Look at how much money you will be spending with them and see if there is something better to spend your money on.

9. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

I tried them last year. I received around 10 refferals, did the estimates but never made a sale which is weird, we usually have a much better rate of actuals sales. I felt for me personally, the leads were just poor. Everytime I did an estimate from them it seemed like bargain shoppers or people who were just curious, but most of our sales are from word of mouth, which obviously your foot is already in the door on those.

10. lucky4511

lucky4511 LawnSite Member

We used them last year and will again this year. Our budget with them is $100 to $150 per month depending on the time of year. There were alot of leads that we did not get, however, overall we made much more $$ than we spent with them. As our renewal notices are going out we are getting most of them renewed this year. If you get sent a lead for work that you do not do all you have to do is call them and they will issue you a replacement lead. Overall I have been very pleased with the service. Several times we recontact all of our leads that we didn't initally sign up and have gotten work later - so always keep in touch with all of your leads.