Servicemagicpros?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LawncareAmericaLLC, Feb 28, 2008.

1. LawncareAmericaLLC

LawncareAmericaLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone done any buisness with servicemagicpros? they been ringing offf the hook for me to sign up with them. They said they have thousands of leads in my area for outdoor services. they want 99.00 startup fee and then 5.00-12.00 for soild leads. has anyone done work with this company let me know. Thanks MIke

2. fknippenberg

fknippenberg LawnSite Member

We've been getting a couple leads a day from them as of late - nothing has closed yet most are people planning for the spring but they have been good contacts.

One thing that may be helpful if you decide to set it up is - you can have different territories for different types of work. For instance we do both maintenance and design/install work - We'll travel further for design/install work than we will for maintenance so we were able to essentially setup two different territories so we don't get mainteance leads from too far away.

3. AllHardscaping

AllHardscaping LawnSite Member

I read a discusion on this on another board. They said it is like $10-15 per lead. Some have gotten them to waive the intro $99 fee. Good luck

4. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Do these guys have web site?

5. AllHardscaping

AllHardscaping LawnSite Member

6. LawncareAmericaLLC

Have u actually signed any contracts from smp or have they just false hopes. thanks for the input

7. zimmatic

zimmatic LawnSite Senior Member

In my experince with them. When you recieve a lead remember to call that lead back or get in touch with them ASAP because they sent that lead out to 2-3 other contractors that in theory are fighting for the same new client and if you wait till the next day you rchances have dimmineshed greatly. Also if you cannot contact the new lead you must submit a credit with SM or they will charge you and you only have 30 days I belive to have that credit issued.
    Try to get that 99 few waived. Stay up on what they send you and the invoicing.

I once had them call me with a lead, it was 7 or 8 pm in the fall of the year. While listening to the automated call it asked me if I wanted to talk to the lead right away (it automaticly dials the # given by the lead.) I said yes. It dialed and the lead answered, and holy ****** was he upset. I didnt even get my business name spoke, I said I was calling in response to the sm request and my name is----- couldnt even get my name said! and he was just riping me a new one about how sm this and sm that the guy hung up on me I called sm and they refunded my account but nobody did any follow-up on what possibly went wrong.
    Lots of good business from this, but that was my only bad experince. I guess the client was just a p.i.a.

8. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

We use them as well. Most of our leads are word of mouth. We have a 4 and 1/2 star rating there. You will get some tire kickers and some good leads too. It can get costly so be prepared to sell sell sell. Contacting the lead ASAP is right too.

9. LawncareAmericaLLC

Thanks guys for the input. My only question is then is it worth it to sign up with smp or is it just a waste of money & time? Thanks

10. fknippenberg

fknippenberg LawnSite Member

Too early to tell right now - but most of the potential client's we've spoken too all seem legit and reasonable - not too many tire kickers.