Services Offered

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by VineYard Landscaping, Feb 27, 2007.

1. VineYard Landscaping

VineYard Landscaping LawnSite Member

What services do everyone offer? Do you just cut grass or do you offer additional services such as fertilizer and chemical applications? I'm not really referring to side line work such as pressure washing and such but mainly lawn care services. I wanted to offer additional services but it will be a while before I can get all the certifications I would need and wanted to see how many offered these types of additional services and who didn't.

2. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

I currently offer mowing, mulch, seeding, sod, and am in the process of getting my pesticide licensing. I also work with a landscape designer and do design/install work. We're getting ready to start two pretty big retaining wall projects too. My mowing side is gonna be keeping me the busiest this year, but the other stuff sure is nice icing on top of the cake.

3. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I also offer mulch, fertilizer, sod, seeding, landscaping, will soon have my pesticide license.

4. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

All I do is mow. I have no time for anything else. Every year I am completely loaded up with all the customers I can handle.

I did do 2 leaf jobs in the fall. I hate leaves.

5. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

If all you are doing is mowing you will miss out on what should be more profitable services. I'm not saying mowing wouldn't be the main revenue generator but if you can get customers to buy multiple services you will be sitting pretty. I offer tree/shrub maintenance, bed & border maintenance, spring and fall clean up, and fertilizer service.

6. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Pretty much the same for me and I totally agree!

Cheers
    Jeff

7. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

i offer the same services as what others on here have said, but i only schedule those add jobs on mondays and cut the rest of the week.

8. hess

hess LawnSite Member

Lawn mowing and spring and fall clean up and any thing else that they need done. what they want is what they get!

9. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

How do you get away with not doing leaves?Just curious. You said your in the suburbs of Philidelphia and assume its the same envrionment as Central Jersey. I would lose almost all customers if I didnt offer the fall cleanups. Are they all new developments with small/minimal trees? I do have some of those which we don't do fall claenups. Just curious thats all. Thanks.

10. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Well let's see: lawn mowing,blowing, trimming, shrub & hedge trimming and removal, tree removal, stump grinding, landscaping, chemical application, and yes I'm licensed, retaining walls, water falls, spring & fall cleanup, sod & seed installs, soil testing and just about everything else a full sevice landscaping business does.