"serving your area for over ? years"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncuttinfoo, Mar 8, 2007.

1. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

When do you think this phrase starts to have value on flyers-doorhangers?
  2. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I think after 5 years is good. I have heard the phrase "If you have made it in business for 5 years you have made it for good"

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah probably after 5 years...you probably wouldn't say "serving you since 2006" here in 2007 just sounds funny.

With so many companies that come and go, it at least establishes that you have a track record. I suppose after 3 years might not look so funny either.
  4. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

If you have 5 guys with 5 years experience you could say, "Serving for 25 years".

I'm impressed longevity I guess but you never know if it's true.
  5. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

With 5 guys, 5 yrs each, I would re-word it to say 'Over 25 yrs. experience', or 'Put 2 decades of experience to work for you!'.
  6. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

Im a solo op
  7. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Celebrating our 10th Year in Business, Same Location, Same Great Service

Happy Customers Since 1997

That's what mine say this year .... don't think theres any grey area in that one ....

Heck if I did the add up years experience thing it would be bout 67 years worth

The spray service I sub with has been servicing out area since 1952 .... I luv it when people ask ... "they any good" .... ummmm ....uuuaaa .... after 55 years I'd say something is right
  8. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I am too but I still put on things that I have ten years in the business. Maybe if you have less than 5 years you could just say "experienced".
  9. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

This year is my 5th. Hell, 5 years is longer than most of the other lawn care companies in the area.
  10. lawnboy150

lawnboy150 LawnSite Member

I would agree...at least 5 years... shows that you are dedicated & not a fly by night.