Set-Up for an F150

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by keeman, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Tinkerer

Tinkerer LawnSite Senior Member

My F250HD has single rear wheels and standard "non commercial" plates. The State Patrol around here are notorious for pulling over and ticketing anything that looks commercial. Having dual rear wheels makes you a target. Tickets/fines are almost automatic they have so many rules. I have talked to multiple people, owners of businesses around here who complained about getting pulled over and inspected with nothing on the vehicle showing a flaw and having their time and schedule messed up. They have gone to the state and were given stickers to put on their trucks that basically tell the patrol officers to leave them alone.

2. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

Im currently running the same set-up in a silverado 1500 6 1/2ft box. I've got 8ft folding alluminum arched ramps (3 of them) each rated for 700lbs. the only reason i have 3 is because the front left caster is offset. Is one of your casters offset on your wright stander? Do you strap the ramps down to the hitch? I'll try to get a picture up sometime soon.

3. THIESSENS TLC

amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. THIESSENS TLC

Hey Shep! How many lbs is that ramp rated for?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, got 4 of em, lol. One spare, use 3 when doing Condo's & Estate Lots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  6. shepoutside

I have it this way, so when I use the trailer, I can jack-knife it, and the ramp will open over the tounge, without unhooking the trailer. Wil post a pic later.

7. shepoutside

1200 Lbs I think, it's got a locking bracket hinge, for strenth.

8. shepoutside

This is why it is off set, so I can unload with the trailer on.
    [​IMG]

9. 360ci

360ci LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice!

10. BrunoT

BrunoT LawnSite Senior Member

Good idea. It might also be possible to do a trailer/ramp setup where you could unload from the truck bed into the trailer, and then into the street. For when you have a LOT of gear to haul.