1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Set ups

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The landscaper, Oct 16, 2005.

1. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious to see what everybody is running. I know its going to be different for some people becuase they have different size jobs.

But. i am currently running a 48 wb with 60 rider. I have 2 of each. Some days i need both riders and can hold up to 3 mowers total.

I was thinking of changing out the 48's and going with 36's as i cant get the 48's in gates. Any thoughts on this.

Thanks Ja Red
  2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Right now just running a 48" w/b. Soon will have a 60" Z and the 48" w/b. I tend not to take gated accounts so a 36" isn't for me. I need one of each mower though, the z for speed and the w/b for hills and such.
  3. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

a 52" hydro walk and soon-to-be a 52"/54" Z. Best of both world.
  4. northwest lawn

northwest lawn LawnSite Member

36" belt drive; 48" belt drive" 52"ztr; 61"ztr
  5. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

i feel like if i get rid of the 48s for 36s i will lose time on jobs outside of the gated jobs. However, i really dont use the walkbehind all that much anyhow.

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i can cover every area of a property i need to with no problem .
  7. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

I am only running a 48"z now but the idea setup for me would be 36" stander for homeowner (15,000 sq ft and less) and a 60"z for small commerical (1-2acres)
  8. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

As you stated you don't really use the 48" much and you have gated properties. Weigh the two. Gain X amount of time using the 36" in gated properties where your going to mostly use it vs. the smaller X amoutn of time using it outside of the gates.

Sounds pretty clear what you need to go with. :waving:
  9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

48" wb, 21" wb, thats it for me, not big enough to justify anything bigger. Hopefully a Z next year!!!
  10. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I have the perfect set up, well for me. I run a 36" Metro HP, and a 48" Hydro. Next year it will be the 36" and a 52" Turf Tracer HP. Along with all of the other goodies I'm good to go. The only reason I would buy a ztr is if I win a bid of 108 properties all right next to each other and all with gated back yards, then it would be definetly a 36" ztr. Maybe a Gravley 34"