Set Ups

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by komalley73, Jul 28, 2002.

1. komalley73

komalley73 LawnSite Member

I was just wondering what your set ups will include (kind of mowers,trimmers etc...) and do you have any pics? I am seriously thinking about starting up on my own next summer before i go off to college ( I am 17) or joining with a pro. for the summer then going off to school and getting a degree in something. Thanks!

2. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

go with a pro if your not going to put the time into it.

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

My set-up = 48 Exmark Turf Tracer HP w/17 HP Kawa and Bull Rider stand-up sulky operated in caster mode, Shindaiwa hand helds loaded on a 6 x 12 trailer pulled by a 3/4 chevy pick-up. The trim mower only gets off the trailer once every 2 weeks (Whitle Outdoor 6 HP push mower).

4. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

here's my set up, but keep in mind i'm solo and i do postage stamp size lawns.

truck1.jpg

5. AielLandscaping

one more shot

truck2.jpg

6. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Aiel- wow! Buy a trailer. 4x8 is only a couple hundred bucks. Did you ever get that Landscape renovation job you were talking about awhile back? Id like to see some after photos.

Komalley- Go with a pro if your going away to college after next summer. Why invest the money in your own equipment? Would not make much sense to me.

Jim

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

work for a pro a while. u can get paid to learn. then mabe do some wk to get thru college.my son did that ,and at one time he finally had to make a decision to finish getting his degree,or back off some o the wk.but i think working with me really gave him the knowledge to do that. heck at one time he was doing a lot more installations than his old man.
    good wb,echo trimmer with brush cutting capabilities . 25 cc craftsman handheld blower. [ set it right and it will last, an do the job ,a lot cheaper ], hedge trimmer,lopping shears. u will need other things but get them as u see u needum.
    primary is a mower w a good cut and a good trimmer. mostly just get that degree.go getum bud.

8. AielLandscaping

jimbo, they sold the property before i could even finish up the estimate. oh well... oh yeah and i got a 4 x 8 trailer, i just don't want to use it until i get something bigger then a 21"