1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Set your price in stone

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PLS, May 29, 2000.

1. PLS

PLS LawnSite Member

There's a good article in PRO Magazine (May) on page 15 by Noel Brown on getting your price and being higher than your competition. I see alot of guys posting about price under cutting. <br><p><font size="1">Edited by: PLS

2. Kevin

Kevin LawnSite Member
    from S.E. PA

I agree, it is a good article to read. Last week I gave an estimate to a woman who had approx. 2.5 acres of uneven, cluttered terrain. Had to laugh and walk away when she told me what the past 2 guys were doing her for. Maybe they did not come back for that reason.

3. PLS

PLS LawnSite Member

If you set at home and don't even load up, Your breaking even, No expenses, No income. You can go to work and work your ass off for 8 or 10 hours a day and still only break even. I learned a long time ago, that I didnt want to be the cheapest. <p>(The &quot;We'll make it up in volume&quot; myth.) Part of the article. <br>I knew it worked this way, just did'nt know what the actual numbers were. <br><p><font size="1">Edited by: PLS

4. GrassRoots Lawn Care

GrassRoots Lawn Care Guest

Can you give the URL of the article? Thanks.

5. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

on the back of my business cards is imprinted these words:<p>&quot;The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten&quot;<p>These aare words to live by folks, don't ever forget them.<p><br>

6. slingshot

slingshot LawnSite Member
    from pa

i tell the people in a joking way would you take a heart transplant from the lowest bidder

7. PLS

PLS LawnSite Member

Grassroots:<br>It seems that &quot;www.promagazine.com&quot; is a few months behind on the web. I tried a search for the article and got No match.