setting up accounts

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by cobra5796, Oct 1, 2006.

1. cobra5796

cobra5796 LawnSite Member
    from warren

OK so lets say I have 30 accounts a week what type of contract should I use and how do you guys set up your pay? Do u have your customers pay you weekly, monthly, or for the whole year. Do they personally hand you the money or check or do u have them mail it to you. I just want to know what the best most efficient way is. Also how do u handle someone that has not payed you in a couple of weeks. thanks
  2. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

My customers pay me at the end of each month for everything I did that month. This works great with me because I don't have to go to the bank as often. Don't let your customers tell you when to mow the grass. You tell them and develope yourself some company policies to go by. Stick to your guns bud.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I invoice at the end of the month for the month-- Never take money at the site, can only lead to problems and lost time.
    On contract--Due date--10 day late = interest--no cut till payed in full, still problem = legal action