setting up shop

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MSL70, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Zach76

Zach76 LawnSite Member

Personally, I opted to get a dedicated trimmer and a dedicated edger and will buy the kombi-system later this summer as a back-up tool. The way I see it is that changing between the two ends takes time (not much, but its still time) and time is money.

2. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Dittio on Zach76 on the time issue. All you really sell is time so all your purchases must be based on time. If you save $100.00 on a purchase that is a lot of money, Right? If you are at a $1.00 a min. for lawn maintence and it takes you 45 seconds to change heads--x 2 changes a job( start with 1, change to other, put back first for next job) That is 1.5 min. per job. If you do 40 jobs a week than that is 60 min. or 1 hour a week. Your $100.00 that you saved is all used up by Wed, at 2:30, on the 2nd week( give or take a min or 2). From that point on your purchase is costing you $60.00 a week. Allways keep time in mind.

3. MSL70

MSL70 LawnSite Member

Thank You for your reply's
    I bought the Scag 61" with power feed bagger for $5500.00 it will be delivered monday. The unit has 580hrs on it and new tires? is that normal wear on the tires?