Setting up to spray 110 acres.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawn king, Jun 26, 2007.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

2 kubotas. 2 12 hour days!

Cemetery1.jpg

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Smell that? $$$$! Why aren't you guys using bigger tanks off the Kubota's? I'd think you could cover a lot more ground w/o refilling.

3. lawn king

The tractor i worked with had an 80 gallon & im going to buy a much bigger pto rig in the very near future. this set up will cover 90000 sq. ft. out of each fill.

4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Nice B3030. I have one also only mine doesn't have a cab.
    I agree. Why not use a larger tank and go low volume.

5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I am not sure what you are spraying....but if broadleaves I would go 10 gal/ac and then you could get 8 ac per fill. Get more done when you are spraying vs filling.

6. lawn king

The app was liquid barricade.

7. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawn King, you can't use Barricade on your properties. Don't you remember when a self-proclaimed expert on here opined that Barricade is practically worthless? According to him, if you're not using Dimension, you might as well be spraying straight water on your lawns. I guess the two of us must not know what we're doing, since we both use it, and with great results might I add. :laugh:

Uh, oh... I'm being sarcastic again.

8. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a sweet set-up you've got there by the way Buddy. Two thumbs up.:)

9. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

I've been using Barricade for 7 years. Spray so early the bluegrass is still kinda dormant. NEVER had crabgrass....... "but if broadleaves I would go 10 gal/ac and then you could get 8 ac per fill. Get more done when you are spraying vs filling." 1 gallon per 4400 feet is like putting all of your eggs in a basket the size of a coffee cup

10. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

mdlwn1,

I spray at 8 gallon all the time and get an excellent control. If you are using a flat fan and running good pressure of 60-70 psi (using TEE JET AI tips) you will get great coverage.

It's not the amount of water you use, its the AI that takes out the plant. Same philosphy as the PG only you are using a different tip and pressure. You get a spec on the plant and it is gone.

Trust me I do it all the time. Why use so much water and load all the time when you can get the same kill. TIME IS MONEY!