1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

"Settled" in on the Kubota ZD323 w/60" Deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Moss Man, May 2, 2012.

1. 34 Ford

34 Ford LawnSite Member

Oh yea, when he bought his deck for his tractor it really helped with the mowing, but if I had known how difficult it was to operate I would have made this purchase sooner.

The dealer is delivering it tomorrow and give me some training. The lady that sold it to me mentioned something about a additive for the diesel if you let it sit for a few winter months to help keep it from molding?:confused:

2. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Its because the exhaust is right were the third bagger would be.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah I saw that. The blower units look nice as well. Too bad.

4. K & K Mowing

K & K Mowing LawnSite Member

I bought a ZD326 a little over a year ago. No regrets but beware of losing the pin out of the deck castors. This has happened twice to me. The last time a few weeks ago was disasterous as it got under the deck and tangled with the blades. Replacement was about $65.00. The problem is if you are getting near small trees, brush, or vines it will snag the pin and pull it out without you knowing about it and befroe you know it no caster:gunsfirin. I checked with Kubota and they said this is a common problem. Recomended fix was to use a bolt with locking nuts instead of the pin. If you never have to change the caster settings this should work allright.

Kevin:usflag:

5. 34 Ford

34 Ford LawnSite Member

Thanks for the heads up Kevin.Thumbs Up

6. 34 Ford

34 Ford LawnSite Member

Well my first experience, my hands got numb from holding on so tight.:rolleyes:

Anyway, only thing I see so far that I need to change is the tire pressure. The guy said he had up it to the manual, so its bouncing quite a bit.
    But boy what a sweet machine.

[​IMG]

7. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

If you run 8-10 psi all the way around the ride will be altogether different. It allows the tires to absorb a lot more shock.
    Stan

8. 34 Ford

34 Ford LawnSite Member

Just checked them. Had 18 rear, and the front was off the scale. So probably 22 or so.

I dropped the rear to 14 and the fronts to 18. Ill keep playing with them as time goes. I dont want to get the fronts to low for fear I will roll them over.

Its been raining here everyday.

9. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

You don't have to worry about breaking the rim/bead seal at 8-10 psi. I routinely run 5-6 psi and have never had a problem. 18 psi will be a rough ride. But I do understand, you can lower the pressure as you go so you'll feel more comfortable.

10. postman

postman LawnSite Member

great looking mower..may get me one.Thumbs Up