Sevin

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by wilbur, Jun 13, 2002.

1. wilbur

wilbur LawnSite Member
    from MA

I recently sprayed many of my plants with Sevin. A few days later many of the plants (this includes, trees, bushes, and perennials) and wilting. Did I kill them? What can I do to restore them?

2. Tordonista

Tordonista LawnSite Member

I assume you used a Sevin liquid formulation. What did you have in the tank before the Sevin?

3. dan deutekom

dan deutekom LawnSite Senior Member

Did you follow the mixing instructions? Was the weather hot and sunny when you sprayed? Was your sprayer used for herbicides before? All this can be a reason for your problem. It all depends on how bad the damage is and the cause to know if the plants will recover. If it is just a spray burn then chances are it may recover but if it was caused by herbicide contamination of your sprayer then it is likely the plants are toast.

4. wilbur

wilbur LawnSite Member
    from MA

It was a wrm and sunny the day I applied. As for the container, I only used it for the Sevin, BUT it was left over from last year. I used an Ortho Sprayer and followed the directions according to the label.
    Thanks for your replies!