Shameless Plug for Turf Magazine

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Canadian GreenScape, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

We can't get Turf magazine here in Canada but I put a subscription in to be sent to my girlfriend who lives in Haddonflield NJ and she just sent me my first issue. What an great Mag! wow.. I know Im behind on this one but if Im impressed. :D Beats the pants off Pro mag. :p
  2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Want any back issues? I have a stack of 'em that I was going to toss.........
  3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Same here. I got 4 years worth of them. My mother keeps trying to throw them out.

Every time I sell a piece of equipment I give the new owner a subscription to turf, pro, power, etc. Thats how I got my first subscription to turf.
  4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Enjoy it,it is good "reading room" material..............
  5. all off them have very little useful info ...they all one big add ..something to chuck in the garbage
  6. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

LOL... That's exactly where mine gets placed each month.
  7. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I couldn't agree more. I signed up to get just about all of them, and after the 1st issue I can't say I've read much of anything in them. Lots of ads, lots of articles aimed at businesses 10 times my size, lots of stuff I don't do. Not much use for any of them.
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, but some ARE much better than others. For instance, Grounds Maintenance and Lawn & Landscape are rather useful. Not even close to Turf or "Pro".
  9. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

They do have the occasional motivating article, and good info on pests, disease, and other upcoming issues.

Lots of ads? why do you think it's free?