Shaney's Lawn Care & Landscaping 2012

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ShaneysLawnCare, May 25, 2012.

1. grassmastersLC

grassmastersLC LawnSite Member

how do you like the 6.0? had any problems with it? i work on those just about every day of the week :)

2. ShaneysLawnCare

ShaneysLawnCare LawnSite Member

Thanks, the website was about a 2 month project during this terrible winter we had. But I have not been able to get the webstore up and running yet, its going to be for selling T-shirts, and sweatshirts stuff like that. The community I am in stands around company's that give back. I like to donate items to fundraisers and raffles all the time its probably one of the best advertisements.

3. ShaneysLawnCare

I love my 6.0, problems 2 injectors went out on me, :( but I know that engine inside and out so it took me about 3 hours to get them out and about 2 more to put it all back together. And go figure one injector on each side. lol but all fixed and runs amazing.

4. ShaneysLawnCare

Went to look at how the 2" of rain we got yesterday affected one of the lawns we put in this spring.

IMAG0357.jpg

5. grassmastersLC

not to bad then. did you work on them somewhere? have you replaced/deleted the EGR cooler?

6. ShaneysLawnCare

The welder and some big flat washers might have been added to the egr but shhhhhh :), I did pull the cab when I welded the egr up, didnt want to worry about stupid head bolts, they are now arp head studs. This is also why I love the 6.0 it only costs about $680 if you know how to do everything your self to make the engine last forever, head studs are $465, egr delete (my way is about $3.00) and the tuner to get ride of the egr code was $215. But any shop would be like $2500......so not worth it

7. ShaneysLawnCare

Also I never worked on them at a shop but, when I was younger I worked on a farm where we fixed the 7.3's all the time so I like to tinker. My philosophy if you can take a bolt out you can put it back in.

8. ShaneysLawnCare

This just made my day also when I was looking at the new lawn.........

IMAG0355.jpg

9. grassmastersLC

dont you just love jack***es? thats ridiculous

10. ShaneysLawnCare

What I dont even understand is they had to drive through the blaze orange flagging tape, ran over a wooden stake, and the exit/entrance is about 20' to the left......UGH