Shapening blades?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Vugger, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Vugger

Vugger LawnSite Member

Can someone post the procedure for sharpening your blades. I have a 2006 Super Mini Z with only 24.5 hours on it and I would like to sharpen the blades, but I am not sure about the easiest and best way to proceed. I am guessing the blades need to be completely removed and sharpened on a grinder or with some sort of tool? Can they be sharpened without removal? Also, where is the best place to put the jack when lifting the mower up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

This is all outlined in your parts manual, or owners manual depending on how old your mower is.
    The blades do need to be removed and sharpened with a grinder, there are various ways people do it, but if your not familiar with it I would just take the blades to a mower dealer and have them done, or better yet buy a spare set, install the new blades, take the ones you removed to the dealer and get them sharpened, and then have them on hand and ready to go when your ready to swap them out again.
    You can download the manuals from our website, the link is below this in my signature.

pj

3. Vugger

Vugger LawnSite Member

PJ,
    Can you give me the part number for the new blades? I love the original blades and I want to be sure to get the same ones. 2006 Super Mini Z.

Thanks

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Your stock blades should be Fusions, they are part # 795526, for 52" decks.