Sharp Blades Annoying?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare3, May 14, 2003.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have noticed when I got my new blade for my 21"er it was a pain to use. It cuts the pieces so small that they get into little clump ball. I have to double cut every time but when my blade was just "sharp" it was fine and did great but not mulched them so small that they can't be blown.

Also It bags a lot more then with just being sharp which is nice. I use to be bagging 3 bags with this blade it will be 1 bag.

Any input on past experiences?

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

HUH !?!?!?!?

3. ACER

ACER LawnSite Member

Solution to your problem: take a 4" grinder and hold at a 90 degree angle to the blade, this will eliminate that "sharp" blade problem:D

4. a1 lawncare

a1 lawncare LawnSite Member

different but funny, while loading up from a property on day a neighbor walks up and says "you cut a lot of grass right? maybe you've heard of this before, i just replaced the blades on my mower and the thing cuts great in reverse but terrible going forward, any ideas? i told him it sounded like he had installed the blades upside down :p . when i left he had the thing jacked up, well my next visit to this property he came right out to see me, some people just don't appreciate a little good humor.

5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

What I mean is thet when they get cut up so small then they begin to clump together and are inpossible to spread apart with the blower.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

If it's a mulching-type blade (Gator?), get rid of it for now and go to a straight high-lift blade. We never run Gators in the springtime for that same reason you are having a problem with.