Sharpening Greenteeth

Discussion in 'Tree Service Equipment' started by Guest, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Allan, a green wheel is what you are looking for. Also a respirator (not just a filter mask either). The dust from carbide is posionus. I have seen the picture of jig for sharpening stump grinder teeth with a drill press. I think it is hardly worth it though. When we pull our green teath out (after the third rotation) they are beat pretty well. It is amazing how well they cut even if they are not super sharp.
    Im not farmiliar with the SC252, but Im guessing it is a smaller machine with smaller hp. Our small carlton doesnt have enough power to spin the wheel and dull the series 700 tooth.
    I personally would stay away from sharpening them, the wheel is expensive, and its dangerous and they never come out like the factory edge.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I've got a Vermeer SC252 stumpgrinder with Greenteeth, series 700. I read somewhere about sharpening them using a drill press and grinder. It seems like one place I read use a green wheel and somewhere else said a diamond wheel. Anybody know what wheel is best and where to get one?