Shaw's Fertilizer

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by RRHAMMONS, Sep 29, 2009.

1. RRHAMMONS

RRHAMMONS LawnSite Member

I am going switch fertilizer brand from Lesco to Shaw's Fertlizer because my rep is leaving Lesco. Does anyone here use Shaw's fertilizer's and what is thoughts about pricing, quality and results. Thanks.

2. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you will be very disappointed w/ Shaw's. I have used it in the past and the SGN is never the same. I had a ton of Shaw's product that had SGN all over the board. It's kind of hard to calibrate with their product. The place that sold Shaw's is now selling Andersons products due to all the compaints about Shaw's. I will give Lesco credit their product is clean and consistant, but that comes at a cost. I am willing to pay more for a clean and consistant product, as it makes life in the field a whole lot easier.

3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

XCU fert from CPS (formerly UAP) is awesome. Impressive results, spreads NICE, and it stores great over winter. PM me if you need a contact in KY. CPS is huge in your area. Larry

4. RRHAMMONS

Thanks for your reply. I never like change when something in working! I really like Lesco product and would prefer not to change but my rep leaving John Deere Lesco is a very good friend. It is a tough decision. I really appreciate your honest response. Anyone else have any dealings with Shaw's Fertilizer?

5. RRHAMMONS

Larry,

Do you have a webpage for CPS? Thanks.

Roger

6. VARMIT COMMISSION

VARMIT COMMISSION LawnSite Senior Member

7. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

we switched from lesco to shaw's last year and i am honstly thrilled with the shaw's...

8. MnLefty

MnLefty LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have to commit to all of your fertilizer right now? Why don't you try some... a bag, a pallet, whatever and see what you think of it. You can't blindly commit to a product/line based on an internet forum, a sales rep, or even a friends advice. Try the product for yourself and see if it works for you.

I assume this business is your livelihood, your means of income. Assuming that's the case you have to do what is best for you and your business no matter what. If you try it and the Shaw's works for you that's great. If not, it doesn't matter if the sales rep is a friend, dad, brother, whatever... you have to do what's best for your business, not his.

9. RRHAMMONS

Thanks, that is some excellent advise! I agree with you 100% and that is what makes it a tough decision.