She Wanted a "trained experienced professional"

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Ground Effects NH, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Ground Effects NH

Ground Effects NH LawnSite Senior Member

Earlier this summer, I received a call from a couple to demo a old R&R tie wall. Then install a new wall and steps with a block of there choice. As we talked I was explaining about engineering, grid, compaction, drainage, etc she asked, how do you know all this? I explained about NCMA & ICPI. She asked me how many walls have I built. As I informed her, None. See looks at me an said
    "She wants a trained experienced professional" Try as I did, Explaining that she would receive a professional Job. She found somebody else. Well as you can see from the photos she found her, "trained experienced professional"

sos 1.jpg

sos 5.jpg
  2. Ground Effects NH

and a few more.

sos 7.jpg
  3. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Ouch, yuk, ugly. Too bad for the homeowner, bet they dont know the difference!
  4. Captains Landscape

Captains Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

You got that close for pictures....I'm guessing they called you back?
  5. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Dag that bad already - we havent even had a freeze thaw cycle yet.
  6. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

that has to be some of the crappiest work i have ever seen!!! was the guy blind or maybe just ********? If you don't mind i would like to copy those pics to my "Hardscaping gone wrong" pic file.
  7. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

As the homeowner how would you allow the contractor to keep building walls if the first one turned out so bad. I doubt those could have all been done in one day.
  8. Ground Effects NH

Nobody home,Took a drive by my eyes popped out when I saw that. What really makes me mad is that they never gave me a chance. Its hard to get "that" foot in the door.
    Help yourself to the photos.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Well, she got the experienced part. The others i guess got checked at the door.
  10. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Priceless!! That hits high on the charts for worst jobs EVER!! :hammerhead: