shield/glasses

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toy2, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Do any of you use face shields instead of safety glasses? I have three different brands of glasses, they all have one thing better than the other, one looks great buts allows crap hit me below the eye, the other allows crap from the side to come in, one keeps all the crap out but looks like s%$#. What brand are you all using? :)

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I have thought about a shiled for trimming and edging before, if it wasn't for the dorky looking factor... But I guess when you think about it what's dorkier, a shield or an eye-patch! I only wear glasses, prescription. not saftey... I take a pebble in the eye ocassionaly, it realy sucks. Honestly I have had pebbles hit me in the nose, literally IN my nose and end up going down my throat or at least into my mouth. Ouch and Yuck. I know Sthil sells a real head piece, it's like a hard had, ear protection and screen face sheild all in one. Pretty wild looking, but I guess if you are doing some serious brush clearing it would sure be safe... Good for chainsaws too.

3. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Shindaiwa has got one too...with earmuffs!

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I thought about shields before because I would always seem to get hit in the mouth with something

5. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

don't you hate eating grass? nothing looks more gross than spitting all over your customers lawn! guess it's better than pissin'!

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

There are a lot of sungrasses that wraps around the eyes. Lesco sells a pair that are blue colored that look good. It is the "alien" style.

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

the worst is hitting a dead animal or dog cr@p

8. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I usually just wear safety glasses and they keep most stuff out of my eyes. I will have to agree hitting dog crap has to be the worst because it gets all over your face.

9. Fishin LCO

Fishin LCO LawnSite Member
    from NC

I wear the the sthil hard hat with ear muffs and face shield for using a chain saw and serious brush cutting. Other than that I have normal Sthil safety glasses for every thing else.

10. themowingguy

themowingguy LawnSite Member

I love weedeating around fruit trees when the fruit has gotten half rotten .
    yum,yum