1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Shin C4 Hedgers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PLM-1, Mar 16, 2005.

1. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

After reading the article in Turf about these hedgers, has anybody tried them? My dealer only has the double sided. Which do you prefer, single or double and why?

I have always used manual clippers because i have heard horror stories about clippers like these, but i think i may give it a try. Any opinions on manual vs. gas hedgers?
  2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

You cant make money with a manual clipper. I prefer a double sided blade, 26 to 30 inches long. I like to be able to cut in any direction, something a single side cutter cant do. The only place I can see a single with a sweep on it being better would be doing the tops of long evergreen type hedges. I have a Shindiawa 30 in double sided trimmer for 3 years now, its been one of the best ones I have ever used. I dont think I would want a 4 cycle one though, TOO HEAVY.
  3. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the manual clippers cause i don't do too much trimming. My largest trimming job is about 120 small individual boxwood. Actually, according to the Shin website, the 4 cycle weighs less. I'm still trying to decide between the double or single sided? :help: