shin eb8510 valves

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fergman, Sep 12, 2007.

1. fergman

fergman LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

does anybody have a clue where i can find info on how to adjust the valves properly on a shindaiwa eb8510 blower? ive looked all through the manual and the web site. and couldnt find it.

thanks.

2. fergman

from VA

guess no1 knows then huh?

3. fergman

from VA

i found it. you find top dead center then adjust all valves to 4 thousandths:waving:

4. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Hey I just bought one of those 2 weeks ago. It's going to be awhile before I have to do that. How long have you had yours and what are your thoughts on this blower?

I also have a stihl 4 mix trimmer going on 2 years with no adjustment yet. I did the carbon cleaner stuff on it a couple weeks ago , thou. Does the Shind'ys reccomenend this at any time also?

5. ed's lawn service

ed's lawn service LawnSite Member

Hi, I've jumped to the other side of the fence and now work for a dealer. We sell the Shinds in addition to John Deere and Wright Stander. We have had some problems with the 8510s. They are impressive and powerful, but they can be finicky(?sp). Glad you were able to find that info!! If you have any other questions, I could ask one of the service techs for you!

6. fergman

from VA

i like the blower but it just isnt great about starting unless its already been running. if i wait 15 minutes to start it back then it might take 3 or 4 pulls. when its cold it might take up to 19 pulls sometimes. you'll need to clean out the carbon on all 2-cycles sometime eventually. i always wait until i hear its not running full rpm's at full throttle. ALWAYS judge that after the piece of equipment has been running several minutes.

7. fergman

from VA

thanks alot bud ! its always nice to have a friend:)

8. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I've been pretty happy so far. It starts on the first or second pull every time so far , only two tankfulls so far. 19 pulls???If this thing would ever take that it would be tossed down over a hillside . My old Echo PB 650 was always predictable... 3 pulls then start.