1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Shin Model T-230 Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FatherandSon, Mar 17, 2002.

1. FatherandSon

FatherandSon LawnSite Member

We purchased the Model T-230 last year. Runs great but have a big problem with the head. No owners manual came for the head which is a "bump feed". Is there a secret to removing and replacing the head. We can never seem to get it off, then when we do it is so hard to put back on.

Anyone use this type head? Anyone had experience with the "auto feed" head?

Can anyone give us the secret to removing and replacing the cutter head, Thanks......
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

That head should have an arrow on the cover and it has to point at the tab you push in to unlock it to take if off. Make sure the arrow points at the tab when putting it back on since it only will fit on the one way. Clean out any dirt that accumulates inside to make it go on and off easier. We use the T270's, but I think it has the same head as the 230.

I hope this helps.
  3. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Also make sure the line is threaded the correct way, I used mine for a long time with it threaded backwards...It works alot better when it is threaded correctly.

Practice, practice...bring it in the house and take it apart several times if your having trouble, it'll save you a "trimmer rage" scenario in the field.