Shin T-260 vibrating at low to mid rpm

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by drains, Jul 24, 2004.

1. drains

drains LawnSite Member

My Shin T-260 has developed a vibration at low to mid rpm like something is out of balance. No unusual sounds and it works fine. Any ideas? Just started today. It is 2 years old. Thanks

2. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

This may sound odd but if it is virbrating at low RPMs take the head off and see if it virbrates at idle. I have seen heads cause this. Also a bad clutch can cause low RPM vibration

3. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of head are you using?

Oldtimer

4. cariboulou

cariboulou LawnSite Member

same here about the line head, Ive had a bunch of sand lodge inside the head, when I take off the cover and tap it to clean it out it runs great again. try that first before you examine the shaft to see if it has been bent a little.

5. drains

drains LawnSite Member

I use a quick load head, not the original shin head that came with it. Been using it a while and theres really nowhere for sand and debris to get into. The shafts not bent so I wonder if maybe the clutch is worn out as fixer67 suggested. I use the square .105 line in it and maybe the heavy line wore it out prematurely? If its just a clutch thats ok, not much dough there, the motor is still strong and starts right up every time. Thanks guys.