shindaiwa 25 trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snapper, Jul 9, 2004.

1. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

I just picked up one of these real cheap. I have heard it run a couple of times, and i am hoping a carb kit is going to bring it back to life. It seems in good shape and it sounds good the few times i heard. So anybody know anything about this trimmer?? Engine size? or whatever?? I am betin it might be stronger than my new 260! but hopefully i will see tommorrow! So anybody??

LAter snapper

2. homerescue

homerescue LawnSite Member
    from wv

It doesn't have the same high rpms like the 2 strokes, but I believe it has better low end. I have the split shaft, not crazy about the trimmer attachment but love the art. hedge trimmer, powerbroom, and pole pruner attachments, and the edger isn't to bad has long as its just small edging jobs. I definitly would buy nmy split shaft again. My 270 is a horse no matter what you throw at it and my 231 is a real nice light residential trimmer. Love my shindaiwas, but to my dealer gives me great service not that I've needed any yet on my equipment.

3. snapper

nobody has or has used or has info on these??? well i got it working today with a carb kit and it works pretty good.

Later snapper

4. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

Are you talking about the older T25, or the new T2500?? I have used both.

5. snapper

it is one of the old t-25s

6. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

That was one of my 1st commercial trimmers. I put alot of hours on them. They were very tough and durable. If it runs good and only needs a carb. kit, then go for it. It is a powerfull trimmer and you can still get the basic maintenance parts aftermarket for them. I have one left that would be good for parts if anyones interested. I have used many Shins, and the new T2500 is the worst in my opinion. I have since switched to Kawasaki trimmers, they are the lightest and most comfortable in my opinion.

7. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

the old 25s are good trimmers