Shindaiwa 802 losing power

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by sven1277, Nov 29, 2012.

1. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

Starts fine, idles fine. After warming up, starts losing power. Sometimes almost cuts out, but doesn't get up to full throttle. I have replaced the carb with new, new spark plug, new fuel filter, new ethanol free fuel, new air filter, removed prefilter, pressure tested fuel lines, removed muffler screen and short tube. I'm about to look at the magneto next. I'm losing my mind. Any suggestions?

2. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

Have you checked the compression? Anything much less than 100 psi would be suspect. If the compression is acceptable, you may want to check for an air leak in the intake area. Ran across a few with cracks in the isoblock--as the unit heats up the crack expands leading to power loss and lean running condition. Just a thought considering all you've done.

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

When its running,spray some carb cleaner around the carb & iso block. If it revs up, there's your air leak.

4. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

I will look into those possibilities. The strange thing is this problem is happening on multiple blowers all at the same time. I thought for sure it was bad fuel, so I bought some ethanol free fuel at HD with no improvement. After replacing so many parts on one of the blowers, that was really deflating.