Shindaiwa Brushcutters

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SMB, Dec 10, 2000.

1. SMB

SMB LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking at the Shindaiwa Brushcutters (probably the C70 model). Do these do well as trimmers also? Do they have plenty of power for heavy brushcutting? How well do the tornado blades work? Thanks!
  2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I don't know of a model C70. Do you mean C270? If so, I have T270 trimmers with the same engine. there's plenty of power and it always starts in 1 or 2 pulls. I've used saw blades, but not the tornado blade.
  3. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

We use a stihl fs450 here at work. It is a complete monster. We only use the solid brush blade (triangle like) and it works great on clearing brush up to a inch or so. Anything bigger than a inch, it works, but is a bit slower. Often find a chainsaw is more effective for areas with 2" woody stuff.

As for string trimming with it, I'm not sure of the size of the shin., but its not very pleasant with the 450. Its just too big and heavy. You have to use the shoulder/belt harness, as it cannot be operated any other way. I have a string head for it, but it got used once, and now I'd be hard press to even find it.