Shindaiwa EB 8510

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Gamba, Oct 20, 2007.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Has anybody used one in the field???? how was it to what you already have??

Thank John

2. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

I had one, and they didnt tighten the headstuds down enough from the factory, which caused the headgasket to blow. The thing never ran the same after that. I contacted my dealers distributor, complained and traded it in for a redmax 7001. I will never buy anything with the Shindaiwa name again. I own a redmax 7001 and the ebz8001. Either of em are better than the EB8510. Hands down.

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

i had an 8510 as well head gasket blew,traded it in for another eb630, they claim they have fixed the headgaskets tho, i'd def buy another one it had more power then any blower i have ever used.

4. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

Before my 4 month old EBZ8000 got stolen my buddy came to help me with a cleanup with his brand new 8510..this was last fall. As much as I love my Redmax I think the other one might have a little more blowing power you can't really tell side by side but when you strap it on you will notice a little bit...I also used one quite a bit this summer when I was heping my buddy and it really had alot of power it is alot heavier and it's very noticeable but then again this can also be due to the design of the tube because it narrows at the end while the redmax stays more open which is better for the leaves.....personally I would never get the fourstroke tho I would take the new 8001 over it any day the power is very close and when you have a four stroke its alot more parts that can break

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Thanks everybody:waving: I noticed the 7.9cc engine and thought i would give it a look see.:waving: :waving: :waving: Happy Fall.