1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Shindaiwa EB630 back pack blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by R&GSweeping, Feb 20, 2001.

1. R&GSweeping

R&GSweeping LawnSite Member

Where is the throttle control on this blower? Is it mounted on the tube or off to the side? My dealer told me that he thought the control was on the side. Is there a disadvantage to this setup? He said if I wanted the control on the tube he recommends the new model backpack from Maruyama. Any comments???

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

The control is on the side and I think it makes it easier to adjust throttle while sweeping the tube back and forth.
  3. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

THe controller is on the side and you really don't even notice it. I like the controls on it. If you have ever seen a snake light, that is what the controls are like, they move very easily to wherever you want them, stay out of your way, but easy to get to.
  4. The throttle is on the opposite side of the air tube NOT on the air tube. Its the same Flex-Arm as the Echo PB46LN I mentioned in my last post to you. I was hesitant at firstwhen I bought my Echo with this set up but you get used to the flex - arm design the first day. Go for the Shindiawa!
  5. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

When I bought my EB630 I thought it would be hard to get used to after using the Stihls. It's not. In fact it would be much harder getting used to the Stihl after using the EB630. Take a look at the Redmax too, pretty much the same thing other than the flex control.
  6. Hardy Enterprises

Hardy Enterprises LawnSite Member

I have a Shindaiwa EB630 it is a great blower. I will definitely be adding some more of them to my operation. As Keith said the Shindaiwa and the Redmax are basically the same blower except that the Redmax has a rigid throttle arm. My concern with the Redmax is when blowing off parking lots between cars the rigid throttle arm would be more likely to hang on mirrors and etc. As far a power and durablity though either one is great. It just depends on what your dealer carries.

7. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

You're right Lonestar, I have the EB 6200 Redmax, and the throttle is on the left and the arm is about a foot long and it folds down when in use and up when taking it off or whatever. It's not a flexible or snake like arm, it's more of a fixed arm that rotates down. My dealer said the two blowers were " the same" he didn't go into detail and at the time I didn't ask him if they were made by the same company and packaged different or what.
  8. Randy Scott

Sorry Hardy Enterprises, I just said the same fricken' thing you did. Must have been the cool pictures LoneStar posted that threw me off, yeah, that's it.;)
  9. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry that I deleted the post I made. I reread another post prior to mine and I had misread it so my post was not needed. Unless someone wants to see those pics.

Shindaiwa EB630[​IMG]

Redmax 6200 [​IMG]

[Edited by LoneStarLawn on 02-21-2001 at 11:29 PM]
  10. Randy Scott

Man LoneStar, I thought I was going nuts. I make an error to start with, then I try to correct it and wham, the pictures in which I make reference to are gone. By now, myself and others probably think I'm nuts wondering what pictures I'm referring to. Oh well, I probably am a little nuts! :p