Shindaiwa EB630 Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1mowlawn, Feb 22, 2003.

1. 1mowlawn

1mowlawn LawnSite Member

I was at a Home and Garden Show last night and a Turf Equipment dealer had specials on commercial Shindaiwa EB630 backpack blowers for $399 Reg. $529 and his T2500 trimmers 24.5cc C4 engine for $369, Reg. $425 are these pretty good deals? and how do you guys rate Shindaiwa's. They were also throwing in a $40 pesticide / weed sprayer if you bought a trimmer or blower.

2. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

That backpack blower sound like a really good deal. The motor on that is at least a 60cc right??? If its at least 60cc id definitely pick one of those up...not to mention the sprayer they throw in. I've heard the Shindawa be compared to the Redmax...ive never used a shindawa blower...but for that price...its worth a try.

The trimmer doesn't seem to be too great of a deal however...

:blob4:

3. Shadetree Ltd

Shadetree Ltd LawnSite Senior Member

I have no idea what Shindaiwa is worth in your market, those prices are pretty high for my area. I bought 3 EB630's for $599 CDN each and the T2500 I belive is $450 CDN here. If those prices are decent for your area, they are excellent equipment. They are very similar to Redmax. Shindaiwa is the only brand two cycle we run, alomst twenty pieces of two cycle equipment and everything is Shindaiwa. I have not given many other brands a chance simply because the Shindaiwa's have never let me down in 10 plus years of use.

Scott

4. Greener Side

Greener Side LawnSite Member

I ve been in the Lawncare field for 8 yrs, last year was my first year working for myself. The only trimmers I would use were Shindaiwa, light and powerful. I had never used a Shin. BP until my dealer had suggested it to me. Awesome piece of equipment. Very powerful and proved to be very comfortable even after hours of blowing leaves. The prices sound about right for retail. I recommend both shidaiwas backpack and trimmer I have nothing but good things to say about them. :D

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

The EB630 has a 62cc engine. I bought mine two years ago through a dealer in Georgia. With shipping the total was less than $400. I noticed that a lot of dealers advertise MSRP when describing their equipment. However, I don't know of any that actually sell it for the MSRP.

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I paid 400.00 even for mine 1.5 years ago.

7. jason r.

jason r. LawnSite Senior Member

Bought an EB630 a few months back for $499. That's the best price I could find in my area. It has a 62cc engine, 613CFM's, and I think about 201 mph velocity. It BLOWS HARD and DRINKS ALOT!!! (pun intended). A friend used it the other day(he's worked for many lco's in my area) and he said "man, that's the most powerful blower I ever used!" For $399, I'd buy 2 of em.

8. chadwhick

chadwhick LawnSite Member

I just bought the EB 630 and I got it for $380. I like it a lot!

9. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

I paid 460 for mine but that was only because i brought 3 cases of oil, i needed it anway, the normal price was 486, that was 2-1/2 Years back, but its been a sweet blower with plenty of power....I like the echos to......Marks Mowing Service

10. socty

socty LawnSite Member

:) Here in the overpriced New England area, I paid about $500 for that same blower, my second one in 3 years. First one is still running as strong as the day I bought it. I also have two Shindaiwa trimmers, and they're both excellent.
    They were recommended to me by a guy who used them to trim a huge cemetery. That should give you some idea how tough they are. Nice purchase!