Shindaiwa EB630 Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CTservices, Sep 2, 2002.

1. CTservices

CTservices LawnSite Member

Anyone heard about a price drop on this machine? Local dealer said they are dropping to $399 list in the fall to compete with Stihl BP420 Magnum. What is the difference between the Shindy and its twin cousin Redmax? Same manuf? different brand names?

Thanks

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Haven't heard about the price drop to $399, but local dealers can sell them here for $429 if they want to. The area distributor sent out a flyer back in June and August with them in it. So, a price drop to $399 is not that far off, money wise. After Alamia quit selling I didn't buy a new piece of Shindaiwa equipment for 2 years :rolleyes: They need to do something to put themselves in the ball game. Dealers around here were getting $529 for the EB630 up until that point, and thats hard to justify to people with no experience with Shindaiwa stuff when you see people getting Stihls for $400 or less.

As far as the Redmax goes, the air cleaner is probably better. That said, I have never had a problem with the Shindaiwa filter. I like the throttle control flex arm better on the Shindaiwa myself. On a side note, another local dealer had the Redmax for $439, but I will stick with the Shindaiwa.

3. CTservices

CTservices LawnSite Member

My dealer has the shin for $529 and I can get a stihl BR420 for $350. I am willing to wait for the price drop, only problem is no one knows when it is coming. LIST price is supposed to be $399 for the Shin, so it should sell cheaper than that. Thanks for the reply and the comparison to the redmax.

Chris

4. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have both ... the Shindiawa is a good bit lighter and has the flexable throttle arm ... other than that, there isn't much difference. The Shindi is on promo around here for about $465 (usually $495), but I am sure it will go down a bit more by Fall.
    Honestly, I would definately get another Shindi as opposed to the RedMax, just because it is easier on your back not having the extra weight.

5. Wayward

Wayward LawnSite Member

About the air filter on the EB630, they changed them somewhere along the way. Earlier ones just had a little foam filter. The newer ones have a round automotive type paper filter.

6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Yep, you are right :) I just checked the filter on the newest one and that's what it has.