Shindaiwa EB630/Red Max 7000 BP Blower Comparisons

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, Jan 30, 2002.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

For anyone who own one or both of the Shindaiwa EB630 and the Red Max E7000 back pack blowers, are there any real differences between the two? They both share the same unit and similar CFM and MPH. What about other factors like comfort, ease of use, durability, maintenance, fuel consumption and ultimately; productivity. Any info. would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

You really can't go wrong with either. I have the Shiny630 i do like the fact its 3-lbs lighter than the redmax, other than that both are tops, but those badboys go though some gas,my shindaiwa uses two tanks of gas compeared to my echo pb-601 same amount of time uses 1.5 tanks,plus both are comfortable. Marks Mowing Service ps both can blow bricks up and down the driveway.

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I do have both, mostly the same but I like the Shin better. Seems a little stronger also.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I have the redmax eb7000. Its one bad dude. But as stated before. It does suck some major fuel.

5. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

They both have same engine by Zenoah - Komatsu. Its a matter of personal preference on the throttle control, and what your dealer has to offer.

6. Double D

Double D LawnSite Member

The Redmax has a huge airfilter, not sure about the Shindiawa.

7. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Saw the Redmax man at the trade show in Somerset NJ today. We were talking about this. 3 basic differences: Thruttle control, Redmax has leaf screen for air intake, and yes the larger 2 stage air filter. Shin's are more similar to 6200's.
    Bob