Shindaiwa EB630

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnprosteveo, Mar 14, 2007.

1. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in about my two Shindaiwa EB630's in case anyone was looking at one to buy.

I have had these blowers for 3 years. They are used nearly year round. They have great power and reliability...start easily...BUT heres my problem..

There are two little wires that come off the bottom of the control arm. They connect with two little cheap chincy wires with those little metal fittings...like a male/female type connection. Well, they NEVER stay connected causing you to not be able to turn off the blower. You have to choke it to turn it off!!!! I really frickin' hate that!

How hard is it for them to figure a better way to connect those wires so they are not getting jostled, snagged, pulled and disconnected. My Echo never did this crap!

Also, the shoulder straps just clip on with a cheesy little clip that is always getting snagged on my trailer or unclipping!

I will probably go with another brand over these little irritations! Stihl looks like a much more well thought out product....May go with them next time!

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe have them soldered at an electrical place?

3. Gmgbo

Gmgbo LawnSite Senior Member

Just add a short length of wire and all backs have the clips. You will regret going to stihl.

4. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i have sthil 600-redmax 8000 but my shin630 is buy far the best made /reliable

5. thisismurph

thisismurph LawnSite Member

Exactly the same problem with my two EB630's. I learned to "choke " them off while still on my back .

6. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I love my 630. BUT - don't use Shin One oil!! It is not a PREMIUM oil. Shin also makes a premium oil, but why offer two? I almost ruined my 630, using Shin ONE a couple months. Switched to Tanaka oil, and the engine just got better and better! Now, I can't prove this, but as soon as I switched to the Tanaka oil, engine knock started going away, and then engine got totally SMOOTH in about 1 - 2 weeks of use.

WHY does Shin make TWO grades of oil? hmmmmmmm, could it be so that their product and others, don't last long unless one knows to use a premium oil??

7. mini14

mini14 LawnSite Member

u should not be using synthetic oils for 2 cycle equipment.............

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I doubt that...the BR420 is a solid blower.....been around a lot longer and most other brands mentioned and no major technology changes. And the packaging is simply the best....and I am an Echo guy.

9. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Who said anything about synthetic oils?

10. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Yeah, I do that too. I never had that problem with Echo...and the straps didnt have clips...they had buckle type connections. Shindaiwa should fix these things.