1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Shindaiwa EB630

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greenman, Jun 23, 2003.

1. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Are the Shindy BP's available with a tube mounted throttle? I dont like left handed throttle, Im not left handed. I know Redmax has this option, but was wondering about the Shindaiwa EB630. Since I was robbed today, (another thread), I need a new BP.
  2. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

mine has left handed throttle....like wearing a jetpack.
  3. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear about your loss ...

Honestly, I do not think that Shindi has that option, but I am not left handed either and I do not feel inconvenienced by having the throttle on the left side. What would you be doing with that hand otherwise? Possible holding a beverage, cigarette, the blower tube if you had to take the extention off for a cleanup, but even then, if you are somewhat coordinated, you should be able to hold the tube and operate the throttle at the same time ... No?

I do own both a Shindi and a RedMax.
    Shindi's are a good bit lighter (or at least feel that way) but the Redmax seems to have a tad more blowing power. But I am not sure if it is worth the added weight and bulkiness of the RedMax.
  4. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got myself a Echo PB650T yesterday. The "T" means it has the throttle mounted the way you want it on the tube. I had a Kawi KRB700B previously and thought that it was one potent blower until I demoed the Echo. Believe all the hype, it is a truely awesome blower. Today I found myself blowing clippings off the driveway from 20 ft away! Wet clippings.....No problem! 2 year warranty too! I just can't say enough good things about it.
  5. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

OK, I went with the EB630. I have used left throttle for a long time, but the past couple of years got used to the tube throttle. It's an awesome machine. It will tumble a brick down a driveway!

As far as the other hand....I dont know, pick up trash, hold a trimmer, push a mower,......just like to have it free. I still can even with the left hand throttle......'cause of the way the throttle locks itself (sets)
  6. lilred731

lilred731 LawnSite Member

Pushes a brick down a driveway??!!??:eek: :eek:
  7. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

My Echo BP650T ROLLS a brick down the driveway!!!
  8. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Tumble it. Yes.

If there was a tube on the left side too, you could point em both at the ground, and maybe get some lift off.:cool:
  9. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Not a left hander either. The left hand throttle poses no problem for me?

Your not smoking a cigarette with your other hand are you?

I like the EB630
  10. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

No, I dont smoke. Used to, years ago. I really enjoyed using the 630 today. No problems for me either, just takes some getting used to again, from tube throttle to left.