Shindaiwa EB630's

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by DreamtheGreen, Nov 19, 2007.

1. DreamtheGreen

DreamtheGreen LawnSite Member

I have 2 Shindaiwa eb630's, great blower but they both now run at half throttle. I have changed the fuel filters and spark plugs. One of the blowers did run good after changing plug but that changed today, it went south again. What can be happening to these blowers or what is the cause. Air filters are new as of 3 weeks ago.

2. Bevsbedscapes

Bevsbedscapes LawnSite Member

Our Sthil 420 did the samething....It turned out there was dirt in the carb, took it apart and cleaned it and now it runs fine

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Try removing the spark arrestors.

4. DreamtheGreen

DreamtheGreen LawnSite Member

I checked the exhaust ports and removed spark arrestors when I got them.

5. bigmower1

bigmower1 LawnSite Member

check the spark arrestor and remove the muffler and check the exhaust port behind to see if there is carbon buildup and if there is then carefully scrape it out with a screw driver. If there is no clogged port or spark arrestor then it is possibly a blown head gasket and that usually leaks a sappy oily substance around the cylinder, or it could simply be that the carborator has become loose, so tighten the bolts. Maybe you got a batch of dirty fuel and clogged you filters, because both arent working and doing the same thing.

6. mowermankevin

mowermankevin LawnSite Senior Member

I've had average luck (50/50) pulling the carbs and cleaning them, if it's a Walbro WYJ which both of these EB's had get ready for a shafting, these carbs are junk, there getting to be on almost everything and if it's winter you can practice tearing them down and switching parts. I've got a drawer full of this crap and when it is slow, I'll fiddle with'em, if your exhaust port is clean and still no full throttle, switch out carbs and see if it's different, I don't have time anymore in the busy season to mess with'em so I just buy new and it gets the guys back up and running, and gives me one more project in the off season!!! Good Luck Shindawa is a blowing son of a gun too bad it has a walbro

7. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Check your throttle cable. Make sure its opening the throttle shaft on the carb all the way. I had one here this year that the cable looked perfectly fine. No frays or anything. But it was too long. The outer part was in the right places. I honestly do not know what was wrong with it. I put a new throttle cable in and that fixed it.

The old one looked brand new. Not sure if they are stretching or what. I find that hard to believe but???

8. mowermankevin

I'm just curious how the carb situation is coming.I found the Walbro# WYK73A on these blowers and I happened to write the price of a new one (60.62) but I ran in to a new one last night it's a 2 barrel WYJ one barrel on top another like an over/under shotgun, wow something new every day.

9. bigmower1

bigmower1 LawnSite Member

That carborator is for a strato charged engine and wont work on you blower i believe.

10. mowermankevin

Hey, Big Mower1, Your right I took the carb off and tore it apart cleaned it up put it back together and it works better than most WYK's. This is a WYA138 and I gotta say eventho it looked weird it works good!!! Strato-Charge my A$$, what a scam.