1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Shindaiwa Eb8510 Throttle Problems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cut n Edge Lawncare, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Cut n Edge Lawncare

Cut n Edge Lawncare LawnSite Member

I have a 2 month old eb8510. the throttle keeps getting hung open and wont idle down when you release the trigger. the problem seems to be on the cable, where it physically moves at the metal joint on the cable. It wont set back in properly and therfore wont let it idle down. I have had it to the dealer 3 times. they moved the throttle grip back on the handle so the cable isnt stretched so tight. This worked for a while but now same old same old. what should I do?
    last time i was there the tech fired it up inside the store and it blew half his stuff off the wall. should have seen the look on the shop owners face when i told him i told you it wouldnt idle down.
    when is enough enough and ask for a new blower?HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

thats why i hated the throttle on the pipe, i bought an eb630 that had one and wanted to rip it off and run it over.

thankfully that blower got stolen from my trailer so i went back to the dealer and bought a reg one with the throttle in the left and pipe on right.
  3. Cut n Edge Lawncare

Cut n Edge Lawncare LawnSite Member

i never thought of that as an issue, but damn that makes sense. with all the swinging of the tube i guess that could be a pain. lesson #65743 learned. I will give the dealer one more shot at it and if it continues I mill make him give me a new one. I dont want to have to get shindaiwa involved. The blower is so powerful alot of the detail blowing is on idle